Looking to find the best vegan recipes that you can make for dinner? You've come to the right place! We've selected our best vibrant, fresh, and easy vegan meals - most of which you can even serve for lunch.
Find your favorite recipe by browsing through this list, and take your pick: bolognese, tofu, salads, soups, pasta, meat-free alternatives (but still satiating), and many more. Plus, most of these recipes are ready in less than 30 mins making them perfect for quick weeknight dinners!
Whether you're a beginner vegan, vegetarian, or flexitarian, we're sure you'll find your new family favorite on this list!
BEST VEGAN RECIPES
Best Vegan Dinners
The easiest and best vegan dinners - most of them 30-minute meals. These dinners come with bold flavors and loads of healthy plant-based protein.
What to Eat in a Week as a Vegan
It doesn't have to be difficult to introduce plant-based meals to your diet! If you're a beginner vegan, or slowly starting to cook vegan meals, do your research. As with any other diet or lifestyle, make sure that you get a healthy dose of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. For even more inspiration, see our favorite collections here:
- Breakfast: get breakfast ready in 5 minutes with this scrambled tofu or overnight bircher muesli. Or simply check out our best vegan breakfast recipes.
- Brunch: missing weekend brunch ideas? You'll love this vegan french toast and vegan crepes. Brunch can be fun and vibrant, see our brunch ideas here.
- Lunch: for a nutritious lunch on-to-go, try this vegan pasta salad or 10-minute chickpea salad. Or get inspiration from our vegan lunch ideas.
- Vegan dessert: such as cakes, tarts and pies. This apricot tart and ricotta pie can also be vegan! See our best vegan tarts here.
How to store Vegan Meals
- How to store: you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. On the second day, these meals will be stickier and less creamy.
- How to freeze: you can also freeze the meals for up to 3 months. To freeze, let it cool down first, then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container, leaving some space to allow it to expand. Thaw in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop. Before serving, garnish with fresh herbs, and optionally a drizzle of olive oil.
What should I cook as a vegan?
Eating vegan is easily made versatile and flavorful by incorporating vegetables and whole foods into your diet.
You can choose many amazing dishes from the Italian, Asian, Indian, or Middle Eastern cuisine that are already naturally vegan. For many, a great place to start when cooking vegan is with familiar dishes:
- Vegan pasta recipes
- Replacing chicken and beef with different Tofu recipes
- Replacing eggs with various chickpea recipe ideas
- Add creaminess to salads and protein with these top vegan sauce recipes.
- Satisfy sweet cravings by making these indulgent vegan cakes
Beginner at vegan? You can do this! Start by experimenting with one vegan dinner per week, then one vegan breakfast followed by lunch.
Give yourself time to try new herbs, flavor combinations, and ingredients. Slowly, you'll find your favorite meals, and learn new tricks in the kitchen.
It's your journey, so you can take the time you need to ease into a vegan lifestyle (or simply test a plant-based dinner now and then).
If you have questions or doubts, send us a message in the comments below. We're happy to support and answer questions any way we can!
For many more 30-minute meal ideas, check out our 30-minute meal category page.
35 Best Vegan Recipes
- Check each individual vegan recipe for ingredients required.
- Cook your favorite vegan recipe
- How to store: Keep these vegan meals stored in the refrigerator, ideally in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- How to reheat: Warm it up on the stovetop or in the microwave. Before serving garnish with fresh herbs.
- How to freeze: You can also freeze the meals for up to 3 months. To freeze, let it cool down first, then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container, leaving some space to allow it to expand. Thaw in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop. Before serving, garnish with fresh herbs, and optionally a drizzle of olive oil.
If you like these best vegan recipes, you might also like: