If you're asking yourself "what can I cook with chickpea that is vegan?" you've come to the right place. These delicious vegan chickpea recipes are easy to make, healthy, protein-rich, and beginner-friendly.
We've listed our favorite dinner ideas for how to use up those canned chickpeas and that leftover chickpea flour. Browse through this list, and take your pick: from 20-min meals, and salads, to vegan sandwiches - all of them nutritious, vegan, and with plant-based protein. We're sure you'll find your next chickpea recipe on this list!
BEST VEGAN CHICKPEA RECIPES
What can I do with a can of chickpeas?
These healthy and nutritious meals help you use your leftover cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in various ways. Salads, mashes and easy stews - we've got them here.
WHAT can I COOK with chickpea flour?
Also called garbanzo bean flour, this healthy flour type is a good replacement for eggs due to its binding properties and color. We'll show you some ways to make easy and satiating recipes with chickpea flour and fresh veggies.
RECIPES WITH ACQUAFABA
So, you've used the cans of chickpeas and you're wondering what to do with the chickpea water (aquafaba)? No problem, here are some ideas for how to cook with aquafaba.
TIPS FOR VEGAN CHICKPEA RECIPES
- How to store: Most of these meals keep for 1 day in the refrigerator, best if stored in an airtight container.
- How to freeze: You can also freeze these for up to 3 months. To freeze them, let them cool down first, then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container, leaving some space to allow them to expand.
- How to reheat: Thaw in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop. Before serving, garnish with fresh herbs. Always refer to the individual recipes for exact guidance.
ARE CHICKPEAS GOOD FOR VEGANS?
Yes, chickpeas can be considered a healthy plant-based source of protein with its content of folate, fiber, and potassium. One cup of chickpeas has approximately 14.5 grams of protein and 12.5 grams of fiber. Chickpeas are also a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, with benefits such as weight management and better digestion.
If you liked these chickpea recipes, leave us a comment below and a rating - we greatly appreciate your feedback.
For many more 30-minute meal ideas, make sure to check out our 30-minute meal category page.
Best Vegan Chickpea Recipes
- Pick your favorite chickpea recipe
- Read the recipe for ingredients required
- Make the recipe by following the instructions
- How to store: Most of these chickpea recipes keep for 3 days in the refrigerator, best if stored in an airtight container. We usually reheat it in the microwave, but a pan with a dash of water would do too.
- How to reheat: Most of these recipes can be reheated in the microwave, on a pan with a dash of water. Check the individual recipes for full make ahead, reheating and storage instructions.
You might also like