Cambia lingua / Switch language: ITA
Ciao, we are Nico and Louise, partners in life and in business, together we run The Plant Based School.
The Plant Based School is a project with the purpose to make plant-based cooking easy and accessible to everyone.
Omnivores, paleo, vegetarians and vegans, you are ALL WELCOME to this community.
Our aim is not to be perfect vegans (we are not), but rather help people that are interested in eating less animal-based products and more plant-based foods, without giving up those flavours that they love so much.
From us you can expect:
- 100% Plant-Based recipes that are suitable for all eaters
- Simple and quick cooking tips
- An Italian spin to many of our recipes
We design the majority of our recipes with simplicity and taste in mind so that you can make them with simple ingredients that you already have at home.
A small part of our recipes though requires us to use less common products, such as Kala Namak or Nutritional Yeast, to recreate the traditional Italian flavours that everyone loves so much.
But don't worry, in this blog, we will guide you on how to use these new ingredients, with step by step pictures and recipe videos.
Who is behind The Plant Based School?
While I (Nico) cook, Louise takes care of the business. Together we run this blog and all our social media channels.
Follow us on:
Who is Nico?
Ciao, I am Nico. I was born and raised in Todi, a small town in Umbria (Italy), right in the heart of Italy.
I have been passionate about cooking since I was a small child, cooking traditional Italian food with my nonna (I know it's a cliché, but it's true).
As a young teenager, I first got a professional cook diploma at the Hotelier Institute of Assisi (Italy) and then gained a Swiss diploma in hotel management at the Hotel Institute Montreux, in the beautiful Swiss town of Montreux.
After doing several internships in the hotel industry I decided to leave that world behind and jump into something new.
Over the next 10 years, I specialised in Economics, Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and worked all over Europe for companies like PWC, Dropbox, and Google, leaving my love for cooking behind.
But in January 2018, on a whim, I decided to drastically reduce the consumption of meat, fish, and dairy.
I loved it so much that I haven't looked back since. I started cooking more and more vegan Italian food at home, trying to recreate the flavours I grew up with.
The food tasted so good that I wanted to share it with the world.
And this is when Louise and I decided to start this blog, with the bold goal of helping people cook delicious plant-based food at home.
- Italian biscotti recipe | Almonds Chocolate Cranberries or Hazelnuts
- Vegan cheese recipe | It's melty | no-nuts
- Flatbread pizza recipe + 3 delicious toppings
- Quick chipotle sauce (no eggs, no dairy)
- Sun-dried tomato pesto (no dairy)
- How to mince garlic and garlic paste
- Baked pears w. cinnamon, pecan and maple syrup
- Caponata (Eggplant Salad)
- Farinata (Socca) | Chickpea flour flatbread
- Easy chickpea salad recipe
- Confit tomatoes recipe | They melt in your mouth
- Focaccia no knead | Two focaccia toppings