Are you looking for inspiration for your next breakfast? These delightful vegan breakfast recipes are easy to make, healthy, vibrant, and fulfilling.
We've listed 40 of our best recipes that help you prep smarter and eat better at the same time! Browse through this list, and take your pick: from quick preparations with oats and meal-prep-friendly recipes to low-carb recipes with chickpea flour - all vegan. Hopefully, you'll get as excited about vegan breakfasts as we are!
On this page:
Vegan Sweet Breakfasts
Let's begin this list with sweet vegan breakfasts that are easy, protein-rich, and nutritious. If you're looking for vegan brunch recipes we've prepared another recipe roundup for just that.
1. Bircher Muesli
The first recipe on our list is a Bircher Muesli which is a humble but delicious overnight oats meal made with simple wholesome ingredients such as apple, oats, milk, and raisins.
This recipe became our overnight go-to-oat recipe, topped with fresh fruits - and a spoonful of nut butter, it's a healthy way to kick off the day!
2. Homemade granola
This homemade granola is a wholesome and crunchy recipe made with a few simple whole-food ingredients. It is the perfect make-ahead breakfast and snack food to eat with a plant-based yogurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
3. Vegan pancakes
Soft, tall, fluffy, and easy to make, these vegan pancakes are the best pancakes you'll ever have. Add maple syrup, fruit compote, or fresh fruit on top for a nutritious serving of pancakes.
4. Easy oat cookies with raisins
Oat cookies with raisins are a great make-ahead recipe for those weeks when you need a quick-to-go breakfast or a healthy snack.
5. Homemade hazelnut spread
Our hazelnut spread is an easy and delicious 5-ingredient recipe for a Nutella-like spread that is smooth, creamy, and impossible to resist.
6. Oatmeal pancakes
These vegan oatmeal pancakes with apples are a simple and healthy oatmeal pancake recipe without eggs and milk, perfect to enjoy with a glass of orange juice on a Sunday morning.
They are light, moist, nutritious, sweet, and packed with wholesome flavor.
7. Easy muffins with oat flour
Muffins with oat flour are a healthy and tasty quick recipe that is ideal for a fast breakfast or as a snack.
They are easy to make and contain plenty of dietary fiber and natural sugar that will give you a slow release of energy and keep you full longer.
8. Healthy granola bars
These healthy granola bars with peanut butter are tasty and fulfilling, made with wholesome ingredients, and without refined sugars.
You can make them in just over half an hour, without cooking or baking, and have them ready for a quick on-the-go breakfast, or as a healthy snack.
10. Vegan french toast
You won't miss the eggs when eating this french toast. Best of all, you can make it in 10 minutes with everyday ingredients. Top with fresh berries and maple syrup for a cafe-worthy French toast serving.
Vegan Savory Breakfasts
These are our favorite savory vegan breakfasts; protein-rich and fulfilling. They're perfect as a healthy wholesome breakfast and will set you up for a productive day.
11. Chickpea frittata muffins
Chickpea frittata muffins are an easy make-ahead recipe that you can eat as a nutritious and tasty breakfast, quick lunch, or dinner. They are very similar to vegan mini quiches and can customize the filling with any vegetables of your choice.
12. Tofu scramble
Tofu scramble is the perfect quick breakfast recipe. Its texture is soft and creamy, just like really good scrambled eggs. It's low carb, especially served with mushrooms, spinach, and avocado.
13. Vegan ricotta
Vegan ricotta cheese is so easy, light, creamy, and versatile. It's perfect for breakfast if you're looking for a cheese alternative to spread on toast. You can make it with 3 simple ingredients in less than one hour.
14. Vegan cream cheese
This tofu vegan cream cheese is made with 5 simple ingredients and it's smooth, velvety, and perfect to use as spread or bread in a sandwich.
15. Vegan frittata
This vegan frittata is crisp on the outside, soft and moist on the inside, and for some reason, it feels like eating a regular egg frittata.
16. Vegan mayo on toast
Vegan mayo is tasty, versatile, and so easy to make that you can do it in literally 1 minute with 6 simple ingredients. Perfect in a breakfast sandwich or on toast with a slice of tomato.
19. Potato leek frittata (oven-baked)
This egg-free potato leek frittata is an easy and meal-prep-friendly recipe that you can serve in bars, or on a slice of toasted bread. It's freezer-friendly, and great for lunchboxes too, and best of all, it bakes in just 20 minutes!
20. Vegan melted cheese spread
This creamy vegan melted cheese is great on toast as a cheesy and creamy breakfast idea. You can also use it for vegetable casseroles, on pizza, or on lasagna.
Vegan pastry, breakfast cakes and indulgent treats. For special occasions or made in advance for a luxurious breakfast experience.
21. Vegan donuts (fried or baked)
Vegan donuts are so easy to make with simple ingredients and they are as delicious as regular donuts.
Our vegan donuts are real yeast donuts, and you can either deep-fry them or bake them in the oven.
22. Italian croissant
These vegan cornetti or Italian croissants with custard are the ultimate Italian breakfast recipe. The dough is light, soft and aromatic, and you can fill them with our delicious vegan custard or with your favourite jam. Our recipe is easy to make, with simple ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
23. Vegan brioche bread
Our vegan brioche bread is an easy and fluffy breakfast recipe made with a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. You will be amazed at how light, airy, aromatic, and just delicious this plant-based brioche bread is.
24. Easy banana bread
The texture of this banana bread is light, the crumb is firm and easy to slice, it's moist but not excessively, and you won't need to bake it for hours.
25. Vegan cinnamon rolls
Our vegan cinnamon rolls are easy to make, lightly toasted on the outside, soft and moist on the inside, and with a tad of caramelized sugar underneath.
26. Vegan chocolate chip brioche
You can eat them for a cozy breakfast, dipped in a plant-based latte. Or as a mid morning snack if you are craving something chocolatey. The recipe is easy to make, with simple ingredients you already have at home.
27. Custard pastry rolls
Vegan brioche rolls with custard are a type of brioche buns that look similar to cinnamon rolls, but are filled with custard and raisins. They are fun to make and a joy to eat.
28. Cream buns
We don't use eggs, butter, milk, or any other animal-based product in these soft and fluffy cream buns. Just simple plant-based ingredients that make this delicious Italian treat more sustainable, and most importantly delicious!
29. Apple cinnamon rolls
Apple cinnamon rolls are fluffy, airy, and filled with tender, juicy apple pieces. You'll bite into a cinnamon dream of soft caramelized dough and a sweet apple surprise. A real family favorite, and great for special occasions, Holidays and birthdays.
30. Banana nut bread
Learn how to make this easy banana nut bread with 8 simple pantry staples in one bowl and with one fork. It only takes 10 minutes to whip up and about 45 minutes to cook. There's no better make-ahead breakfast, and it keeps soft and moist for days!
31. Chocolate glazed donuts
Make these elegant and luxurious chocolate donuts in just 30 minutes! Our chocolate-glazed donuts are so easy, fun, adorable, and delicious that you'll want to make them every day.
32. Easy cake donuts
Oven-baked cake donuts raised with baking powder, and without yeast. You can expect a firm donut with a soft cake-like crumb and a delicious cinnamon sugar topping.
More vegan breakfast ideas
- Blueberry muffins: ready in just 30 minutes!
- Steamed asparagus with lemon vinaigrette.
- Easy apple muffins with sweet and tender apple pieces.
- Vegan zucchini bread or easy zucchini muffins with chocolate chips.
- Sweet potato muffins with microwaved sweet potato.
- 30-minute lemon muffins with 8 ingredients and 5-minute prepping only.
- Vegan cream cheese frosting to serve with your cinnamon rolls
How to meal-prep a vegan breakfast
Making a vegan breakfast doesn't mean you need to spend hours in the kitchen. You can still follow an easy and nutritious vegan diet by stocking up on some simple ingredients.
These grocery items can help you plan your weekly breakfast and assist you with breakfast meal prep when you're busy:
- Wholegrain toast
- Jam of your choice (check on the label that it's vegan)
- Nut butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter
- Plant yogurts, such as coconut, almond, and soy yogurt
- Homemade granola or store-bought granola
- Cereal (read the label to make sure it's vegan)
- Plant milk, such as oat, coconut, rice, almond, or soy milk
- Fresh berries and banana, perfect on oatmeal, yogurt, and peanut butter toast.
- Tomatoes (perfect for a sandwich with tofu cream cheese or with vegan mayo)
- Vegan mayo (homemade or storebought)
- Rolled Oats for oatmeal and overnight oats
- Seeds, such as chia seeds or flax seeds. Good for sprinkling on oats, yogurt, and oatmeal and rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Hopefully, these breakfast recipes and tips help you with fresh ideas for your next vegan breakfast.
It doesn't have to be complicated at all, you can do this!
For many more breakfast ideas, check out our breakfast category page.
40 Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⅔ cups almond milk or other milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup almonds toasted and chopped
- 2 - 3 apples grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1 lemon the juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional on top)
- To a large bowl, add the oats, milk, and raisins. Cover with a plate and let soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Portion the oats into 3 to 4 serving bowls. Add 1 grated apple per bowl/portion, drizzle the apple with lemon juice and mix the apple with the oats.Tip: the original recipe of Bircher Muesli calls for 1 apple per portion, however, if you think it's too much for you, you can reduce that to half apple per portion.
- Add some toasted and chopped almonds on top, and if you like, a drizzle of maple syrup.Tip: If your almonds are not toasted alrady, you can do so in a pan for a couple of minutes, or in the oven at 350F (180C) for 7 to 8 minutes.
You might also like: