Are you looking for inspiration for your next vegan meal? These delightful vegan beginner recipes are easy to make, protein-packed, and fulfilling.
We've listed 30 of our best recipes that help you prep smarter and eat basic but delicious at the same time! Browse through this list, and take your pick: from breakfasts, lunches, and dinner ideas - all are vegan and with easy-to-find ingredients.
Hopefully, you'll find new inspiration for cooking with plant-based protein sources.
BEST VEGAN BEGINNER RECIPES
Vegan EASY BREAKFASTS
Do you want easy and fulfilling breakfasts that don't require too much cooking? These breakfast ideas are packed with nutritious plant-based proteins that help you kickstart your day and give long-lasting energy.
VEGAN BEGINNER LUNCHES
These easy lunch ideas will help you plan your next healthy lunch meal and give you a boost of energy.
VEGAN BEGINNER DINNERS
Healthy, protein-packed dinners that are full of flavor. These quick and easy dinners are aromatic and diverse, as we make sure to use plenty of fresh ingredients, herbs and spices.
VEGAN BEGINNER SIDE DISHES
You've got your vegan main dish figured out, but what do you serve with it? Here are some ideas for colorful and simple side dishes that bring nutrients and flavor to your meal.
WHAT ARE GOOD SOURCES OF VEGAN PROTEIN
To help you find good vegan protein sources, here are some helpful plant-based ideas:
- Tofu (silken or firm)
- Legumes and pulses, such as chickpeas, beans, and lentils
- Vegan cheeses
- Nutritional yeast
- Nut-based spreads and cheeses
- Vegan creams (such as soy, coconut, and cashew)
- Nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, and cashews
- Plant milk
- Seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, and hemp
It is definitely possible to cook easy, tasty, and colorful food and a vegan diet.
Little by little, you will find what you like, your favorite plant-based proteins, and new grains (hello bulgur, farro, and amaranth!) that may delight your taste buds. You can do this!
Vegan cooking is, in fact, quite easy when you've gotten to know the foods you like.
If you're curious about other vegan recipes, take a peek at these other lists:
For many more tofu ideas, check out our tofu category page.
30 Best Vegan Beginner Recipes
- 10 ounces tofu firm or extra firm
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 twists black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Drain the tofu then cut it into small dice, about ½ inch or 1 cm thick. Set aside.Tip: don't pat dry and don't press the tofu.
- To a medium-sized dish, add the cornstarch, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork till the ingredients are well combined.
- Toss the tofu cubes into the dish with the seasoning. Shake the dish left and right till the tofu is fully coated in the seasoning. Tip: you might need to use your hands to fully coat the tofu in the seasoning.
- Warm up the olive oil on medium heat in a nonstick pan. Add the tofu onto the pan and fry for about 12 minutes on medium heat.Flip the tofu around with a fork every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Your fried tofu is ready when it's cripsy and golden-brown on the outside.
You might also like