Wondering what to make for dinner when fall approaches? We have rounded up 28 of our best cozy fall recipes, including quick pasta, curries, soups, protein-rich meals, vegetarian meatballs, stews, air fryer recipes, and more!
Many of these recipes are quick and easy 30-minute meals with just a few simple ingredients. Browse through this list and find your favorite, these autumnal dinners will satiate and nourish you and your family!
BEST FALL RECIPES
Soups for fall
These soups are comforting and cozy, perfect for cold weather and darker evenings.
We start with a comforting Tuscan Bean Soup, a healthy and veggie-packed soup with loads of nutrients, kale and cannelini beans.
Roasted butternut squash soup
Creamy, healthy, and easy to make. This butternut squash soup requires just a one-tray prep and is garnished with seeds and fresh herbs.
Sweet Potato Soup
Our recipe is easy; we make it with oven-roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic for maximum flavor and minimal effort.
Plenty of healthy plant-based proteins, greens, and flavors. Lentil soup is one of our favorite vegan soups as it has a perfect balance of chewiness and creaminess.
Pick your favorite veggies and use them in this Asian 20-min soup. Packed with flavor and healthy tofu, this soup is an everyday dinner favorite for busy families.
Creamy and satiating meals that will leave you happy and full. These curries are easy to make and even easier to eat!
Spices, herbs, and tofu come together in this satiating curry that doesn't disappoint. Dinner will be vibrant and colorful with this curry and a serving of basmati rice.
Mega flavor experience is guaranteed with this velvety and aromatic lentil curry. Pair this coconut curry with basmati rice, naan bread, or cauliflower rice for an authentic curry meal.
This cauliflower curry is packed with veggies, rich flavor, and authentic Indian spices. We added chickpeas for extra protein so you can enjoy a wholesome and balanced meal!
Creamy pasta recipes
One-pot pasta, 20-min pasta, and ultra-creamy recipes await with our favorite fall pasta recipes. We use seasonal veggies to get fiber and nutrients and some secret tricks to add velvety flavor.
Vegan creamy pasta
Tempeh cubes, mushrooms, and peas make the sauce of this "boscaiola" pasta. Our recipe is taking inspiration from Italy but with vegetarian protein and made everyday-friendly.
Chewy, indulgent, and candle-light dinner friendly! This lentil bolognese is a great way to get loads of protein and flavor all in one meal.
Pungent, tomato-rich, and ready in 12 mins! This rigatoni arrabbiata is a great one-pot pasta for busy weekdays.
Artichoke Pasta - Oven Baked
Comfort meal alert! This creamy and cheesy artichoke pasta bake is a great Sunday dinner made with a velvety white sauce for maximum creaminess.
Tofu Pasta (Tofu Bolognese)
Another everyday favorite, here's a low-fat and easy bolognese made with crumbled tofu. Make on a pan or bake the tofu in the oven, this bolognese can be prepared in 2 ways.
Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Ready in just 25 mins, this indulgent mushroom pasta is perfect for early fall when you can still find fresh cherry tomatoes.
Tempeh bacon and chickpea flour make the creamy and salty sauce of this vegetarian carbonara. It's an easy recipe perfect for those who want to eat less meat.
Pasta aglio olio e peperoncino
One of our favorite 10-min pasta recipes with simple pantry ingredients. Add red pepper flakes and parsley, and you'll have an indulgent plate of pasta!
Creamy pasta with chestnuts pesto
Fall means chestnuts, and if you find yourself with a surplus - here's a creative way to use them. Blend chestnuts, and hazelnuts and mix with mushrooms for a luxurious comfort meal.
Zesty, one-pot pasta arrabbiata. A real crowd-pleaser and budget-friendly recipe, perfect as a weekday dinner.
Stews and one-pots
Scrumptious and candle-light-friendly meals, these stews and pots will please and gather the entire family.
Italian Bean Stew
Serve this healthy and fragrant bean stew on polenta or quick couscous, and you'll have an easy weeknight dinner.
One-pot and baked in the oven, this chickpea stew is loaded with antioxidants and veggies. It's perfect for meal prep and pairs well with rice, quinoa and pasta.
In the early fall, you can usually still find zucchini - and here's a way to make a one-pot risotto with this healthy veggie! Zucchini risotto is ready in just 25 mins, and is a vibrant green and flavorful recipe.
Healthy and quick to make, these protein-rich recipes are good replacements for chicken, beef, and fish.
Charred, zesty and chewy - a perfect protein addition to rice, salads and grain bowls.
Chickpea crepes - Savoury mushroom pancakes
Perfect for a romantic dinner, these gluten-free chickpea crepes can be served with a delicious veggie filling.
Pan fried tofu with mushrooms
Mushroom tofu is a great substitute for mushroom chicken, and takes just 12 mins to cook on a pan.
Tofu Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
Almost like real meatballs, these vegetarian tofu meatballs are aromatic with breadcrumbs and Italian herbs. Made with a marinara sauce and best served in spaghetti or in a sub.
Vegan Gnocchi Recipe
A luxurious and comforting dish with a protein-rich sauce. This potato gnocchi recipe is great as a family activity for Sundays and holidays.
Almost like chicken, this Asian recipe is the perfect plant-based alternative. Better than take away, and healthier too.
Air Fryer Tofu
The easiest way to increase protein in your meal is by adding air fryer tofu! Cooked in just 12 mins with a chewy and jerky result.
A perfect component in any salad and pasta salad, this fried tofu is ready in just 15 mins and is super protein-rich!
Kale Chips With Lemon and Garlic
See the recipe below in the recipe box.
More Autumn Recipe ideas
If you liked these fall recipes, you might also enjoy our other scrumptious meals:
How to store and freeze fall recipes
- How to store: you can store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. On the second day, these meals will be stickier and less creamy. Check each individual recipe for reheating instructions.
- How to freeze: you can also freeze the meals for up to 3 months. To freeze, let it cool down first, then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container, leaving some space to allow it to expand. Thaw in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop. Before serving, garnish with fresh herbs, and optionally a drizzle of olive oil.
For many more 30-minute meal ideas, check out our 30-minute meal category page.
28 Best Fall Recipes - Crispy kale chips
- 12 leaves black kale or other type of kale*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 zested lemon
- Wash and dry the kale leaves, preheat the oven to 280F or 140C.Note: It's important that the leaves are dried well or else the water will prevent them from being crisp when we cook them in the oven.Note: It's important that the kale cooks slowly at a low temperature so that it gets crisp without burning.
- On two baking trays, place the leaves next to each other, without too much overlapping.You can cut off the bottom part of each leaf if it's too hard and woody.
- Grate the zest of half a lemon on top of the kale leaves.
- To a small bowl, add some grated garlic (or minced garlic) and olive oil. With a brush, brush each kale leave with the olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 280F or 140C for about 20 to 30 minutes. Check the kale at the 20-minute mark, if it's crisp take it out, if not cook for a few more minutes, checking often, till it's crisp.
- Take the kale out of the oven, season with salt, some chili flakes, and some grated lemon zest. Arrange on a plate to be served.
If you liked these recipes, you might also like:
Leave a comment and star rating :-)