Are you looking to find the best eggplant recipes for your next side and dinner? We've selected our 24 best eggplant recipes that are easy to make, quick, and tender.
These recipes will give you plenty of eggplant ideas, think sauteed, baked, stuffed, pasta, soup, salad, and many more. Browse through this list, and take your pick: these vibrant eggplant recipes will satiate and nourish you, and add bold flavor to your day.
How to Cook Eggplant
When in season, from May through late September, we eat fresh eggplant in all kinds of ways. There are numerous simple and easy ways of cooking them.
Remember to clean and rinse the eggplant before cooking it:
- Leave the skin on and rinse the eggplant or aubergine under running water, but no need to peel the skin off since it's highly nutritious.
- Dry the eggplant before cooking it, especially if you're not using it right away. Moisture can shorten the shelf life of eggplants significantly so pad them dry before storing them in the fridge. A raw eggplant stores for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Once the basic cleaning and cutting are done, we can start cooking the eggplant. Choose your favorite recipe in the list below.
We start this list with a summer favorite: charred and tender grilled eggplant. Perfect with a freshly brushed marinade of herbs, oil, and garlic.
A tender and hearty way to make a vegetable side dish is roasted eggplant. Cook this recipes, and you have a base for so many recipes: eggplant caponata, salad, curry, parmigiana and so much more!
This fried eggplant recipe is super crunchy outside and tender inside; made without eggs, it's suitable for vegetarians and vegans too.
Air Fryer Eggplant
Ready in just 15 minutes, this air fryer eggplant recipe is perfect as a side dish and addition to pasta.
Italian sauteed eggplant is a hearty and easy side dish to serve with your favorite main. The combination of fresh herbs, soft eggplant, and tomato will please everyone around your table!
A perfect side dish and a base recipe for eggplant parm! This breaded eggplant recipe makes tender and bready discs of eggplant, perfect with most main dishes.
Mediterranean Farro Salad
Earthy, chewy, and vibrant, this Mediterranean farro salad is packed with veggies and drizzled with a cumin dressing. A guaranteed crowd pleaser, and perfect for potluck dinners too.
The eggplants are cut into round slices, roasted, and topped with a hearty tomato sauce and melty (vegan) cheese. This recipe is a sure hit with picky adults and kids alike.
Tender and soft eggplant with melted (vegan) cheese, fresh tomatoes, pesto and pine nuts. A wholesome and colorful dinner, perfect for kids and grownups alike.
Zaalouk is a delicious Moroccan eggplant salad made with tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and olive oil. Learn how to make it in one pot in about 30 minutes.
Sweet and Sour Eggplant
A perfect side dish with an Asian twist, this sweet and sour eggplant is ready in 20 mins on the stovetop.
Eggplant bruschetta is a delicious appetizer made with tender diced eggplant cooked with a few simple ingredients and served on crunchy bread.
You can make this risotto dish in just over 30 minutes and serve it for a delicious and comforting family dinner.
Chickpea Pasta With Eggplant
This chickpea pasta with eggplant is a healthy and delicious pasta dish made with diced eggplant cooked in a fresh tomato sauce with chickpeas, garlic, and herbs.
A versatile and delicious salad: you can serve it as a side dish or add pasta and transform it into a light, healthy, and delicious main dish.
Eggplant Dip - Baba Ganoush
Endlessly creamy and smooth, this eggplant dip is a perfect dip, spread, and side dish.
Pasta alla Norma (Eggplant Pasta)
Learn how to make this delicious Sicilian eggplant pasta recipe in about 30 minutes with simple pantry ingredients and fresh eggplants.
We roast eggplant, garlic, and cherry tomatoes in the oven for a sweet, caramelized, and smoky flavor, but you can also make this recipe in one pot on the stovetop in just 30 minutes.
If you love eggplant, you must try this Sicilian eggplant salad. Caponata is made of olives, tomato, aubergine, and pine nuts with a sweet and sour flavor.
Italian Eggplant Parmigiana is one of the tastiest eggplant dishes ever. Its simplicity of ingredients, rich flavor, and creamy texture will make you fall in love with this delicious meal.
Couscous with Vegetables
A great way to use veggie leftovers is this eggplant and zucchini couscous with lemon vinaigrette.
Chewy, vibrant, and healthy, this barley salad is a great lunch idea and potluck meal.
Perfectly tender and roasted eggplant paired with Indian-inspired spice mix and creamy coconut milk. Serve this rich and flavor-packed eggplant curry with rice and a squeeze of lemon.
Tofu Cream Cheese with Eggplant
Roasted eggplant, tofu and tahini make the base of this velvety vegan cream cheese. Perfect as a sandwich spread.
How to Store Eggplant
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can eat them cold, at room temperature, or reheat them in the microwave. We do not recommend freezing these eggplant recipes.
What goes well with Eggplant
Eggplant (sauteed, grilled, air fried, baked) is a tender side dish that pairs perfectly with most sauces and mains. Take your pick here:
- Top sauces: choose between refreshing condiments and dressings, such as vegan pesto and mustard dressing.
- Use in salads: eggplant is also great to use in salads. Try adding the air fryer or sauteed eggplant to vegan pasta salad, to this creamy tofu salad, and quinoa salad.
- Best vegetarian recipes: pair your favorite eggplant side with any of these vegetarian mains.
- Serve next to pasta: serve any of these eggplant sides with one of these vegan pasta recipes.
- Serve with a protein-rich dinner: such as these chickpea recipes or tofu recipes.
More flavorful vegetable recipes
If you're looking to increase your veggie intake, take a peek at these vitamin-rich vegetable recipes:
- 10+ easy artichoke recipes with cleaning and preparation tips
- Best asparagus recipes and how to grill, steam, and bake them to perfection
- Best cauliflower recipes that are comforting and easy to prep
- 25 fantastic mushroom recipes with dinners and easy lunch ideas
- or any of these vegetable side dishes that make your main meal glow.
For many more side dishes ideas, check out our sides category page.
24 Best Eggplant Recipes
- Check each individual eggplant recipe for ingredients required.
- Cook your favorite eggplant recipe
- How to store: Keep these meals stored in the refrigerator, ideally in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- How to reheat: Warm it up on the stovetop or in the microwave. Before serving garnish with fresh herbs.
You might also like:
Leave a comment and star rating :-)