Welcome to our collection of 25 vegan air fryer recipes that make cooking quick, easy, and deliciously crispy.
The air fryer can intensify flavors without excessive oil and becomes the perfect companion for crafting delicious plant-based dishes.
From crispy snacks to hearty mains and indulgent desserts, this roundup covers a diverse range of recipes designed to showcase the versatility of plant-based ingredients.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, preparing a family meal, or simply seeking healthier alternatives to your favorite dishes, these recipes are tailored to suit a variety of occasions.
Join us on this culinary journey as we explore the world of plant-based cooking with the convenience and innovation of the air fryer.
1. Air fryer asparagus
We start this list with a crunchy 10-minute air fryer asparagus. Asparagus and air fryer are made for each other, and this air fryer asparagus recipe is proof of that.
It’s quick, healthy, and, most importantly, delicious.
2. Air fryer tofu
Air fryer tofu is a convenient, easy recipe you can make in less than 15 minutes with very simple ingredients. It’s the perfect plant-based protein source for salads, soups, and stews.
3. Air fryer green beans
Air fryer green beans are a quick and simple recipe to enjoy all year round, made with fresh or frozen green beans.
This healthy veggie side dish is easy to prepare and ready in under 15 minutes.
4. Air fryer zucchini
Crispy, snack-friendly, and with less oil, this air fryer zucchini recipe is the perfect low-carb, whole30, and gluten-free treat.
This air-frying technique is a godsend for health-conscious home cooks looking to put a mouthwatering side dish on the table within minutes.
5. Air fryer Croutons
It takes less than 10 minutes to make them, and a few simple ingredients such as olive oil and your favorite dry herbs.
They are excellent for soups, salads, and stews.
6. Air fryer cauliflower
Air fryer cauliflower is a quick, tasty, and versatile recipe you can make with four ingredients in about 15 minutes.
7. Easy sweet potato
And the air fryer is the perfect tool to cook the sweet potato quickly while making it super tasty. You can serve it as a side dish or use it for one of many delicious recipes.
8. Falafel in the air fryer
You can make falafel in a standard oven, ideally ventilated; however, the air fryer yields a much better result.
The falafels turn out crisp on the outside and delicious! Air frying falafels is THE BEST alternative to deep-frying them.
9. Air fryer tempeh
Sticky and full of flavor, these cubes of air fryer tempeh are a great source of plant-based protein for salads and rice dishes.
Lori’s tempeh recipe is marinated in a smoky sauce and ready in 10 minutes.
10. Tofu nuggets
These “vegan chicken” tofu nuggets are perfect for game nights and barbecues.
They have a meaty texture, are whole-food plant-based friendly, and are ideal for dipping.
11. Easy air fryer eggplant
You’ll love this air fryer eggplant recipe because it’s delicious, but you can also use it to make other irresistible eggplant recipes.
12. Barbecue lentil meatballs
Jackie’s air fryer lentil meatballs are nut-free and egg-free but packed with protein.
Chewy, flavorful, and hugged in a barbecue sauce, these vegan meatballs are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
13. Vegan biscuits three ways
With three different vegan fillings, these vegan biscuits make a diverse and inviting appetizer perfect for entertaining.
With filling options such as chicken buffalo, artichoke, and spinach, Rene’s recipe has something for every taste.
14. Air fryer Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts in the air fryer only take about 10 minutes to transform into delicious, slightly charred sprouts with a nutty and pleasantly bitter-sweet taste.
Don’t expect full-on crispy air fryer brussels sprouts. Only the outer leaves will be a little crispy, and the sprouts will have an al dente, tender-crisp texture, which is lovely.
15. Air fryer mushrooms
This quick and easy 15-minute air fryer mushroom recipe delivers perfectly juicy and tasty roasted mushrooms.
16. Better than takeout Orange tofu
Jessica is a master at tofu recipes and made an air fryer takeout version of her orange tofu.
This orange tofu is as easy to prepare and delicious as your favorite takeaway meal.
18. Crispy panko tofu
Another crunchy and chewy tofu recipe, this crispy panko tofu pairs perfectly with salads, veggie bowls, or protein-rich snacks.
An (almost) oil-free, yummy, and plant-based protein source.
19. Air fryer potatoes
Crispy potatoes, a classic side dish and all-time favorite snack in our home, are a winner with almost any meal.
Serve with salads, your favorite main dish, or on barbecue night, these quick potatoes are ready in just 15 minutes.
20. Tofu nuggets
It’s our second air fryer nugget on this list, but anything vegan, crunchy, and chewy deserves some attention. S
serve these aromatic tofu nuggets with a dipping sauce or in a loaf of pita bread with your favorite dressing. YUM!
21. Jicama fries
Low calorie, crispy, and slightly sweet, these jicama fries are perfect potato substitutes and satiating, too.
Known as a superfood, jicama is rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber.
22. Air fryer caramelized bananas
Air frying is so versatile that you can even make desserts with this cooking method.
Lisa’s air fryer caramelized bananas are a perfect example of a healthy, inexpensive, and quick dessert.
23. Air fryer apple chips
Danielle’s air fryer apple chips are the perfect snack for kids, as they are sugar-free and with little oil.
It’s a healthy, fun, and crunchy chip and can be stored for up to 5 days; we are fans!
24. Air fryer cookies
With ten different flavors, Arman made sure you’ll find your favorite flavor with these easy, vegan-friendly air fryer cookies.
The cooking time for these cookies is just 7 minutes, so there’s no excuse not to make these at home.
25. Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies
These stuffed chocolate chip cookies are a wonderful air fryer treat that is soft, chewy, and luxurious.
You can enjoy this decadent vegan dessert with only 30 minutes of prep and easy-to-find ingredients.
How to serve air fryer meals
Make your air fryer meal complete by adding one or more components, such as:
- One of these 25 best vegan salads that give you loads of raw and fresh veggies
- Add extra protein to your meal with these easy tofu recipes
- If you love mushrooms, find your favorite recipes in these vegan mushroom recipes
- Already have your main dish? Pick your following vegetable sides from this list
- If you’re new to vegan, take a peek at our 35 best vegan beginner recipes
- Get raw vegan inspiration with these 30 raw vegan recipes
How to store air fryer meals
Store these meals in air-tight containers in the fridge. Eat within 2-3 days of making them, but they are best and freshest on the preparation day.
For many more 30-minute meal ideas, check out our 30-minute meal category page.
25 vegan air fryer recipes
- 1½ pounds potatoes Yukon Gold, Russet, or Red Potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sprig rosemary the finely chopped needles, or dried rosemary
- Scrub, wash, and pat dry the potatoes. Cut them into bite-size chunks (about 1-Inch). Add them to a mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and finely chopped rosemary needles (or dried rosemary).
- Toss well until fully coated in the seasoning.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F or 200°C for 3 minutes, then transfer potatoes into air fryer basket.Note: potatoes CAN overlap as long as you fill the air fryer basket to no more than half full. There's no need to arrange them on a single layer.
- Air fry at 400°F or 200°C for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender and nicely browned. Shake fryer basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Take out of the air fryer immediately, arrange on a serving platter, and garnish with a pinch of coarse or flakey sea salt, fresh rosemary needles, or with your favorite fresh herbs or serve with dips.
If you liked these vegan air fryer recipes, you might also enjoy:
Hi! We are Nico & Louise
Welcome to The Plant-Based School, a food blog with easy, tasty, and wholesome recipes.
Our aim is to help you and your family eat more veggies through delicious recipes with simple ingredients.