Cambia lingua / Switch language: ITA
This quick chipotle sauce takes 2 minutes to make and it's literally good on anything. From french fries, to baked vegetables, nachos, fajitas and flatbread pizza.
It's spicy, creamy, tangy, zesty, and with a hit of sweetness. We love this dressing so much, and hope you are going to give it a try.
What is a quick chipotle sauce?
Normally, chipotle sauce is made with chipotle peppers is adobo sauce. Our sauce, uses tabasco (the hot sauce) instead of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, but if you prefer you can use chipotle peppers instead (see our recipe box below).
For us, however, tabasco sauce works a lot better than adobo peppers because where we live is practically impossible to find adobo peppers in adobo.
And so, we decided to develop this recipe with tabasco sauce instead. And the result is incredible: spicy, creamy, tangy, zesty, and with a hit of sweetness. This has become our favourite chipotle sauce ever.
Watch a quick 1-min video story of how to make chipotle sauce here.
Ingredients & Substitutions
We decided to keep this recipe dairy free and egg free so that as many people as possible can enjoy it.
- Soy milk: pick plain, unsweetened soy milk. It's perfect to make the sauce creamy.
- Sunflower oil and olive oil: we tried many other vegetable oils for this recipe, however, we find that a combination of olive oil and sunflower oil is the best for both flavour and creaminess. You can replace those oils with any other liquid vegetable oil, such as avocado oil, peanut oil, or mixed vegetable oil. Avoid coconut oil for this recipe.
- Lemon juice: to add a hint of freshness to the sauce. You can replace it with white vinegar or lime juice.
- Mustard: it really adds a lot of depth to this chipotle sauce. We use regular mustard from a squeeze bottle.
- Maple syrup: it adds sweetness. It can be replace with agave syrup, or any other sweeter.
- Garlic: just a tiny bit, although this is optional and we do not always add it in.
- Salt: for flavour.
- Tabasco: to add hotness to the sauce. Tabasco is a hot sauce that you can find pretty much anywhere. If you want to be more traditional then you can use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
How to make a quick chipotle sauce?
Add all ingredients to a tall container that can fit your immersion blender. Make sure there are no lemon seeds.
Blend with an immersion blender for 30 seconds, or until the ingredients get to a thin mayonnaise consistency.TIP: move the blender up and down in the jar to facilitate the process.
Taste and adjust for salt, lemon, garlic and hotness to your liking. When you are happy with the flavour, drizzle on anything you like because it just delicious (for instance, on our Californian flatbread pizza).
Store the chipotle sauce in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
We do not recommend freezing it.
Quick chipotle sauce (no eggs, no dairy)
- Immersion blender
- Tall container that can fit the blender (like a mason jar with wide opening)
- ½ cup (125 grams) soy milk unsweetened
- ½ cup (110 grams) sunflower oil
- ¼ cup (50 grams) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) mustard
- ¾ teaspoon (4 grams) salt
- ½ tablespoon (10 grams) maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) tabasco hot sauce (or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- ⅓ clove garlic (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a tall container that can fit your immersion blender. Make sure there are no lemon seeds.
- Blend with an immersion blender for 30 seconds, or until the ingredients get to a thin mayonnaise consistency.TIP: move the blender up and down in the jar to facilitate the process.
- Taste and adjust for salt, lemon, garlic and hotness to your liking. When you are happy with the flavour, store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Full video on youtube @theplantbasedschool
If you liked this recipe, you might also like:
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- flatbread pizza recipe with avo mash and quick chipotle sauce
- vegan melted cheese homemade in 5 minutes
Did you try this recipe at home? Let us know in the comments below 🙂