Mexican, Asian, and American-inspired meals, these 30 canned corn recipes from all over the internet are easy to make and delicious.
Get inspired by salads, grain bowls, soups, chilis, wraps, and fritter inspiration, all with sweet and crispy canned corn.
Salads with canned corn
We start this canned corn list with a healthy Mexican-inspired meal: black bean corn salad.
Make it in about 30 minutes with roasted sweet potato ingredients and a lime cilantro dressing.
This Italian rice salad combines the best of whole-food ingredients; sweet canned corn, creamy mustard dressing, and fresh veggies in a healthy grain bowl.
Canned corn is an excellent pairing with pasta and chickpeas.
Add fresh veggies and a creamy mustard dressing, and you will enjoy this healthy pasta salad.
Leafy greens and canned corn go well together in this wholesome kale quinoa salad.
It’s perfect for autumn and winter when kale and butternut squash are in season.
Sweet canned corn and fried tofu make an excellent filling for a salad.
Top with cherry tomatoes, avocado, and a creamy tahini sauce for a filling lunchtime meal.
Try this Mexican and microwaved sweet potato with black beans, corn, and guacamole.
It’s a 15–minute lunch and dinner idea and great for meal planning.
Rena created this tasty vegetarian salad that combines zucchini, corn, and parmesan for a quick 15-minute meal.
Add black beans for extra protein, and serve it as a main dish or a side.
This summer salad combines the best of protein–rich lima beans with corn, avocado, and fresh veggies.
Make it in 15 minutes using canned corn, frozen corn, or corn ears.
White bean is another legume that works well with canned corn (and a creamy dressing).
This pasta salad offers an Italian–inspired meal and healthy plant–based protein.
This healthy serving of chickpeas, fresh veggies, and mustard dressing makes a great lunchbox meal or cookout recipe idea.
Mexican canned corn ideas
Here’s your recipe if you want to cook tasty canned corn quickly.
Ali’s 15–minute canned corn recipe is a super easy, tasty side dish idea.
Try Rene’s guest–friendly and delicious barbecue tofu tacos for a corn salsa–topped dinner idea.
We love that this recipe takes only 30 minutes to prepare.
This Mexican 30–minute nachos dish is a perfect party food.
Brita’s street corn nachos are beautiful on a platter and delicious with slices of avocado on top.
This no-fuss corn salad takes just 15 minutes to prepare, and you can use fresh or frozen corn kernels.
Top it with a creamy chipotle dressing for a Mexican taste and creamy finish.
These crispy corn fritters are family–approved and easy to make at home.
Use canned or frozen corn mixed with easy-to-find ingredients, and serve them with sour cream or tzatziki.
Kylie made this Mexican–style lasagna with plenty of black beans, corn, and pepper.
She uses corn tortillas as layers making this enchilada casserole tasty and vegetarian-friendly.
Corn is fantastic with zucchini, and we love the combination of grated zucchini and canned corn in this fritter recipe.
Here’s a delicious and wholesome burger patty recipe with a mix of black beans and canned corn.
Pair these patties with Kaitlin’s homemade big mac sauce for the best results.
Jeanine and Jack made these game–day–friendly potato skins with sour cream, corn, black beans, and coconut bacon.
It’s a healthier potato skins alternative; the sunflower sour cream is a must-try.
Julie is behind this whole–food plant–based corn chowder that is creamy and mouthwatering.
Make it with the corn you have at hand (frozen, canned, or fresh), and enjoy it with toasted bread.
Dinner ideas with corn
Bianca’s spinach wraps are perfect for Taco Tuesdays.
Stuff them with black beans and corn filling, bake them for 6 minutes, and serve with fresh lime, avocado, and sour cream – YUM.
This sweet potato chili is a comforting and wholesome vegetarian dinner idea.
Canned beans, corn, quinoa, and taco seasoning make incredible filling in Tawnie’s stuffed bell pepper recipe.
Depending on your dietary preferences, you can easily make them vegan or vegetarian (with cheese).
These airy chickpea frittata muffins are packed with canned corn, frozen peas, and chickpea flour.
They are great for meal prepping, cookouts, and summer picnics.
Try this Asian–inspired 20–minute corn cheese ramen with a rich gochujang sauce.
It’s a creamy and golden-yellow ramen bowl that will wow your guests.
Here’s a gluten–free and dairy–free corn chowder with potatoes and various veggies.
Wonderfully creamy and great for batch cooking and meal planning.
Sherry made a veggie–packed and Mexican–flavored fajita bowl ready in 20 minutes.
Use canned corn, black beans, white rice, and fajita spice mix to make this easy and plant-based lunch bowl.
Try a different way to eat corn with these masala toasts.
Top them with melted cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce for an inviting party food and appetizer idea.
Hina made a beautiful vegetarian grilled sandwich with sweet corn kernels, spinach, and a creamy white sauce.
Serve it for lunch and dinner during busy weekdays or as a veggie–packed snack.
We wrap up this canned corn list with skillet confetti corn.
Try Byron’s confetti corn for an easy summer and barbecue side dish, a quick 20–minute dish.
More vegetable-packed inspiration
- Zucchini recipes (grilled, roasted, stuffed, air-fried zucchini inspiration)
- Eggplant recipes (soups, pizza, risotto, casseroles, pasta ideas)
- Sweet potato ideas (stuffed, microwaved, roasted, mashed, fried recipes)
- Cauliflower recipes (fall and winter recipe inspiration with cauliflower meal ideas)
For many more salad ideas, check out our salads category page.
30 Canned Corn Recipes
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1½ pound sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-Inch cubes
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium avocado diced
- ½ cup corn
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños chopped
FOR THE CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
STEP 1: BOIL THE BEANS
- Rinse, then boil the black beans in a large pot with plenty of lightly salted water for about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Taste the beans to check if they are done, then drain them in a colander.
STEP 2: COOK THE SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven or air-fryer to 400°F or 200°C.Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1-Inch cubes. Toss them in ½ tbsp of olive oil, ¼ tsp salt, and a few twists of black pepper.
- Oven Roasting: transfer cubed sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tender and browned.
- Air frying: transfer cubed sweet potatoes into the air fryer basket. The cubes CAN overlap. Air fry for 15 to 18 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket every 4 minutes to allow for even cooking.
STEP 3: MAKE THE DRESSING
- To a blender add all ingredients: cilantro, lime juice, maple syrup, garlic, peeled and grated ginger, salt, and olive oil.
- Blend for a couple of minutes until smooth. Taste and adjust for salt and lime before serving.
STEP 4: MIX THE BLACK BEAN SALAD
- To a large bowl, add the black beans, diced avocado, finely chopped onion, sliced jalapeños, roasted sweet potatoes, corn kernels, and diced green bell pepper.Next, pour in the cilantro lime dressing.
- Toss well, taste and adjust for salt, and let the flavors meld for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Optionally, you can add about 1 cup of boiled quinoa.
If you liked these canned corn recipes, you might also enjoy the following:
Hi! We are Nico & Louise
Welcome to The Plant-Based School, a food blog with easy, tasty, and wholesome recipes.
Our aim is to help you and your family eat more veggies through delicious recipes with simple ingredients.