If you're wondering what to serve with lasagna, you've come to the right place. We've selected 15 of our best side dishes and easy recipes, that complement Italian lasagna, vegetable lasagna, and white lasagna perfectly.
Browse through this list and pick your favorite: vegetables, fresh salads, and bread. These recipes will surely give you new ideas for what to pair with this Italian classic.
How to serve lasagna
Lasagna is delicious on its own. But you can top the lasagna with your favorite toppings, such as this homemade plant-based melted cheese, or vegan cream cheese. If you're looking for alternatives to parmesan, try these easy homemade cheeses:
- Homemade vegan ricotta: we make this ricotta once a week and store it in the fridge ready to be used in recipes like this one. It's perfect when crumbled on top of the peppers after they are baked.
- Vegan parmesan: you can make your own vegan parmesan with simple ingredients. Sprinkle a little on top of a slice of lasagna.
- Freshly chopped parsley: add a sprinkle of green with freshly-chopped parsley.
More Vegetable Sides
These salads and vegetable side ideas easily pair with lasagna and other Italian pasta dishes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Steamed artichokes
- Oven-roasted broccoli
- Fried eggplant
- Easy side salad
- Italian salad
- Baked asparagus
- Zucchini soup
- Eggplant zaalouk
Or try any of these vegetable side dishes for more grilled, roasted, and steamed cooking ideas.
How to Store these Recipes
- Meal prep tips: The vegetable sides on this list are perfect for meal prep as they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Their flavor will be even richer the day after you cooked them. Bruschetta and other bread-based sides need to be prepared on the day of serving.
- When you reheat them, make sure you only reheat the veggies that you are going to eat.
For many more side dish ideas, check out our sides category page.
What to serve with Lasagna
- Check each individual recipe for ingredients required.
- Cook your favorite recipe and serve with lasagna.
- Store in the refrigerator, ideally in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- How to store: Keep these meals stored in the refrigerator, ideally in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- How to reheat: Warm it up on the stovetop or in the microwave. Before serving garnish with fresh herbs.
If you liked these ideas for what to serve with lasagna, you might also like: