A large portion of steaming pasta is the cornerstone of a classic Italian meal.
Traditionally the black colour is given by the squid ink, we left the squids alone and did it with activated charcoal instead.
But the true value of this pasta lies in its superior taste and texture compared to store bought, and in giving the option for families to re-connect while kneading and rolling the homemade dough.
- Pasta machine (we use Marcato)
- Rolling pin
- 700 grams fine semolina flour, hard wheat
- 380 ml water, lukewarm
- 1 tbsp activated charcoal
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl or on a wooden board, mix together the flour, the salt, the charcoal and the water.
- Add the water a little at a time while kneading the pasta, until all the flour comes together in a smooth dough.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes, then cover in film and set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a pasta machine or a rolling pin to roll the dough, then cut it into you favourite shape as shown in the video.
- Cook the fresh pasta in plenty of generously salted boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes.
NUTRITION PER PORTION
STEP BY STEP VIDEO RECIPE
And if you have any tips or questions, we would love to hear from you in our comment section below.
Thank you for following our blog. Stay healthy, stay foolish.