The beauty (and deliciousness) of Italian food lies in its simplicity.
This side dish of roasted potatoes is another example of it.
We have travelled all over the world, and lived in most potato eating countries (Germany, Ireland, Denmark, England, Switzerland), yet no-one can make potatoes as good as the Italians! The secret?
Don't mess with good natural ingredients!
- 600 grams potatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the over at 200˚C or 390˚F.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a bowl submerged with cold water. This will prevent the potatoes from turning black.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges of similar size.
- Place the potatoes on a tray with parchment paper or non-stick silicon mat.
- Add good quality extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, fresh rosemary needles, and crushed garlic with the peel on.
- Mix everything very well with your hands, until the potatoes are evenly covered with all the ingredients.
- Bake in the oven at 200˚C | 390˚F for about 1 hour or until crispy and golden (it really depends on the oven and on the potatoes here, so check them at the 50 min mark).
- Serve immediately, they don't store well.
NUTRITION PER PORTION
STEP BY STEP VIDEO RECIPE
We hope you liked this Italian style roasted potatoes. They are crispy, tasty, cozy, and full of flavour. We think you might also like our home baked no knead bread and our Italian style vegan fish! It goes super well with a side of roasted potatoes.
Ps. If you are interested in zero-waste cooking, check out our zero waste pizza noodles and zero waste broth made with the skin of the potatoes.
And if you have any tips or questions, we would love to hear from you in our comment section below.
Thank you for following our blog. Stay healthy, stay foolish.